Alpha Water Samplers, Horizontal
Intended for shallow or deep waters, these bottles are called horizontal because they descend, parallel to the bottom. They are pulled sideways just before closing by the operator. This ensures a representative water sample for that specific depth. They are ideal for sampling at the thermocline, at other stratification levels, or just above the bottom sediments.
• Blue seals of durable, flexible, high-grade polyurethane resin with attached safety line
• Foolproof 316 SS trip head for durability
• Not suitable for chemical sampling
• Kits include bottle, plastic carry case, SBK2 messenger & 62-C15 line (100 ft.)
• Single bottles & bottles with cases available
These popular and versatile bottles come in your choice of transparent acrylic or opaque PVC. PVC is more durable and less costly, but the acrylic allows you to view the bottle contents immediately. Alpha samplers are not suitable for chemical analysis of contents due to the potential for contamination (i.e. by mercury and phosphorus) by the materials in the sampler's construction. For chemical analysis, inquire about the Beta or suggested Kemmerer water samplers. This sampler requires a messenger and line (not included, except in kits) for operation. A thermometer can be mounted inside acrylic Alpha™ bottles.
Inquire for replacement parts.